Making youth voices heard
Exploring Leadership lifts youth voices and gives them the confidence to initiate positive change.
Exploring Leadership Youth Program (EL)
Exploring Leadership (EL) is a transformative summer program that trains high school students to become active citizens and assume leadership roles in their communities. Through a set of Coro modules, the program increases Youth Fellows’ abilities in critical thinking and goal setting, ultimately giving them the skills to become effective facilitators and collaborators for community change.
Youth Fellows will experience hands on leadership training, workforce development through an internship at a nonprofit, business, or government agency, and will design and deliver a community action project. Watch this video for one cohort’s description of their experience.
- Enhanced confidence in their leadership ability;
- Real-world job experience;
- A deeper understanding of community issues;
- A professional network made up of community leaders;
- Increased confidence in initiating positive change in their communities
- Current 9th, 10th or 11th graders who have the following experiences or characteristics:
- Interested in making a positive change in their school/community;
- Open to new experiences and leaving their comfort zone;
- Good at working by themselves AND in teams;
- Willing to commit to a full-time summer program;
- Interested in learning new skills.
There is no cost to participants. Each participant receives a $1,000 stipend (includes transportation costs).
Dodge & Cox
Inner Spark Foundation
First Republic Bank
Ross Stores Foundation