Coro Northern California believes we need more people in our society who can work collaboratively and lead across differences. While our current political climate and technology allow us to remain easily isolated in echo chambers that reflect our opinions and perspectives, the challenges we face in our neighborhoods, organizations, and communities cannot be solved in isolation. Coro’s mission is to equip people with the skills, knowledge, and networks to collaborate and accelerate positive change wherever they are. We are uniquely positioned to forge connection and collaboration as a non-partisan non-profit with 70 years of providing leadership development experiences for everyone from high school students to senior executives.
Coro’s Development Manager will report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Development. As part of our Development Team, this role is responsible for maintaining information and stewarding relationships to support our impact, visibility, and financial resources. The role also supports external communications for the organization.
Fundraising responsibilities include:
- Work with the Development team to manage a portfolio of major donors; strategizing ways for them to get engaged and ensuring connection with Coro representatives; includes tracking cultivation/solicitation/stewardship process and determining next steps
- Keep Coro Ambassadors like CEO or board members on task with major donor outreach efforts
- Track development efforts with data such as dollars raised, number of visits, donor retention, and alumni participation
- Manage gift processing and acknowledgements for contributed revenue
- Maintain donor records in Salesforce, pull lists for mailings, and prepare donor reports
- Coordinate event support, including but not limited to: coordinating logistics, researching attendees, and preparing event materials
- Support CEO in coordinating board calendars, communications, and creation of board packets
- Represent Coro to the broader community and attend cultivation meetings when needed
- Assist with other Development Department projects as needed
Marketing responsibilities include:
- Maintain and regularly update website
- Manage production and distribution of monthly email newsletter and other donor-directed communications
- Update Coro’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram)
- Maintain and regularly update inventory of marketing materials
- 3+ years of work experience with demonstrated success in fundraising and/or relationship management
- 1+ year of experience with communications and/or marketing
- Database experience, with Salesforce skills highly desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills, both written and in-person
- Detail-oriented and able to synthesize data
- Flexible and adaptable style
- Self-awareness and sense of humor
- Fluent in Google applications
- Familiarity with Coro’s programs and interest in Coro’s mission
Our team is small and mighty… and growing. Our offices are in San Francisco’s Financial District, close to BART and Muni. We value our team and provide competitive salary and benefits within the Bay Area, including medical, dental, 401k match and a generous PTO and flexible work policy.
Coro is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
To apply, please submit your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.