Youth Development Fellows Program
The Youth Development Fellows Program is ideal for young professionals who seek to gain more confidence in their leadership ability and become part of a growing network of nonprofit leaders.
Coro believes building the leadership capacity in emerging nonprofit professionals in youth development will positively impact the developmental experiences of youth.
- Graduated 38 emerging leaders who collectively served 11,000 Bay Area youth
- 91% became more confident in their leadership ability
- 95% had an increased strategy for developing a solid professional network
- 89% became more confident in their ability to lead teams
- 89% felt more confident to analyze and address leadership challenges
“Coro provided a space to build community and coalition with other non-profit youth development professionals; explore and practice leadership tools and strategies; and reflect upon and build out a vision for my own professional and personal growth, with an eye on sustainability and impact.” – Andrew Yeung, RYSE Youth Center (YDFP Alumnus)
YDFP graduates gain the following:
- Critical thinking
- Empowered professionalism
- Increased understanding of the various components within the nonprofit sector
- Strategic relationship building within the nonprofit sector and the Coro community
- Nonprofit professional with at least three years of work experience
- Lead a team or initiative within a youth-serving organization in the Bay Area
- Strong intellectual curiosity and desire to grow leadership skills
- Passion for positively impacting the lives of young people and their communities
- Complete the pre-, post-, and intersession assignments, including a 6-month follow up survey
Program Cost: $1,000
Limited scholarships available (Email email@example.com for scholarship details)
Lunch and dinner are included. Dinners are highly encouraged for networking and building rapport.
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 – Seminar 1 (9:30am – 7pm) *note longer seminar
- Friday, October 20, 2017 – Seminar 2 (9:30am – 5pm)
- Thursday, November 2, 2017 – Seminar 3 (9:30am – 5pm)
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 – Seminar 4 (9:30am – 5pm)
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 – Seminar 5 (9:30am – 5pm)
- Thursday, January 11, 2018 – Seminar 6 (9:30am – 5pm)
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 – Seminar 7 and Graduation (9:30am – 7pm) *note longer seminar
The anticipated total participant time is approximately 75 hours: 57 hours in seminar, approximately 16 hours of work between seminars and 2 hours for pre and post assessments. Seminars will take place at Coro, located at 233 Sansome Street., Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104.
To apply, please direct your employee to: http://tinyurl.com/YDFP2017. Applications are due September 22, 2017.
Recommenders, please complete the reference form here: http://tinyurl.com/2017YDFPREF